A Berks County fixture for over 80 years; Malsnee was founded in 1935 by Earl J. Malsnee, as Earl J. Malsnee Inc. Later, Earl’s son, Bruce, held the reins of the company until his retirement in 1983. At that time, the company was sold to Eshbach Brother’s Inc., a Berks County masonry company which got its start in 1913. From 1983 to 2005, Malsnee Tile Inc. was operated as a division of Eshbach Brothers under the direction of Gregory Eshbach. In 2004, through some family changes it was determined that Eshbach Brothers would no longer operate a tile division, so the assets were sold. On January 1st of 2005 Malsnee Tile and Stone Inc. was opened.
Originally on North Sixth Street in Reading, we have moved twice over the years: first to 1440 North Ninth Street and in 2005 to our current location, near the Reading Airport.